Emerging Leaders Programme
Next Commencement: 4th October 2018
Duration: Oct 2018 - Feb 2019
Cost: £4200 + optional ILM Level 5 accreditation (£400) (VAT is non-applicable)
Our programme for Emerging Leaders at our world-class venue Riddel Hall, develops talented individuals for wider, more strategic senior positions. It also works with sponsoring organisations, to maximise development opportunities and deliver results in the workplace.
The programme is delivered over six months, but requires just under 8 days off-site, responding to the key challenges facing emerging leaders.
Who is this programme for?
High potential middle managers new to a wider leadership role
Functional/technical specialists with potential to move into more strategic roles
Successors looking to quickly accelerate their development in the leadership space
Why do this programme?
Participants often come to this programme in order to accelerate their progression within their organisation and current role. This is a challenging experience that will take you out of your comfort zone and challenge you to think differently. Many graduates of this programme have cited their experience here at Riddel Hall as the spring-board for future success.
What makes this programme so special?
- Emerging Leaders is designed and delivered by renowned Leadership Specialist, Shaun Pendry. Shaun specialises in honing the talents of rising executives, helping them to achieve their career goals.
- You will build an unparalleled peer network of like-minded leaders who will accompany you as you continue on your leadership journey.
- You will benefit from the practical application of the latest in leadership research and insight of Queen’s University.
- With the insight of a 360 Leadership assessment you will work with your coach to develop your own specialised personal development plan.
- With the execution of a strategic project you will have an opportunity to visible demonstrate your leadership skills at a strategic level within the workplace.
- As the employer, not only do you benefit from the enhanced skills of the individual but you realise organisational benefit through the successful delivery of a strategic project.
October 2018 - February 2019
|Launch||Thursday 4th October 2018||9.30am - 2pm|
|Module 1||Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th October 2018||9.30am - 5pm|
|Module 2||Wednesday 27th November and Thursday 28th November 2018||9.30am - 5pm|
|Module 3||Wednesday 9th January and Thursday 10th January 2019||9.30am - 5pm|
|Final Event||Wednesday 6th February 2019||9.30am - 2.30pm|
The programme at a glance
What is covered in the programme
- 360° Assessments
- Leadership Activity Events
- Three Core 2 Day Modules
- Executive Coaching
- Peer Support & Networking
- Delivery of a Strategic Project
Module 1 – Know Yourself
Participants tell us this element of the programme has lasting value. In today’s hectic pace, we don't often pause and reflect on who we are, our strengths, our values, and our personal brand of leadership. Yet, this is so fundamental and the foundation of developing strong leaders.
Module 2 – Engage with Strategy
This module provides the tools and thinking behind strategy development. This module encourages participants to think broadly, beyond their function / department / role and consider the connections between functions. The taught modules will help deliver the strategic project.
Module 3 – Show Leadership
This module helps participants to further develop their personal leadership abilities, lead people through change, understand the impact of culture on the organisation's performance, and how to deliver the results they desire for themselves and their teams.
This is an opportunity to present the strategic projects and to learn from others on the programme, to share the challenges they faced along the way, and how they overcame these to achieve the outcomes they set out to achieve. The final event also includes a Graduation, with the presentation of Emerging Leaders certificates.
Add your email address here and we’ll keep you up-to-date once the new dates are released